Quick and Interesting Facts about World Geography
- 7 Continents in the world : (From Largest to Smallest)
- North America
- South America
- Continent with largest number of countries – Africa.
- Continent without desert – Europe.
- All major civilization in Asia, apart from Egyptian Civilization in Africa.
- There are 4 oceans in the world: (From largest to smallest)
- Largest salt water lake – Caspian Sea, Europe
- Largest fresh water lake – L.Superior, North America
- Himalayas – Asia
- Alps – Europe
- Atlas – Africa
- Kilimanjaro – Africa
- Appalachian – North America
- Rockies – North America
- Andes – South America
- Ural – Asia/Europe
ALSO READ: List of World’s Highest Mountain Peaks
- Niagra water falls – North America
- Iguasu water falls – South America
- Angel water falls -South America
- Only active volcano in Europe – Mt.Etna.
- Atacama desert – South America.
- Amazon Rain-forest – South America.
- Divisions of Asia –
- South Asia (SAARC – including India),
- South East Asia (ASEAN),
- Central Asia,
- West Asia,
- East Asia.
- Tasmania – Part of Australia.
- Tanzania – In Africa.
- Laurazia – Asia, Europe, Greenland, North America.
- Gondwanaland – India, Australia, Africa, Madagascar, South America are all parts of Gondwanaland.
- There are total 193 nations that have membership in UN out of which the total number of nations from each continent are as follows:
- 54 – Africa
- 47 – Asia
- 43 – Europe
- 23 – North America
- 14 – Australia
- 12 – South America.
- Nations without UN membership:
- Vatican City,
- European Union – 27 nations.
- Euro common currency – 17 nations.
- Cape Aagulas– Africa.
- Lowest place – Dead Sea, Israel
- Lowest road– Highway 90, Israel
ALSO READ: Geographical Facts of India at a glance